To register land as a green:

  • First check with your registration authority (county or unitary council) to see whether it is already registered. If it is not, ask the authority for Form 44 and the regulations contained in the Commons (Registration of Town or Village Greens) (Interim Arrangements) England) or (Wales) Regulations 2007.
  • If you live in Blackburn with Darwen, Cornwall, Devon, Herefordshire, Hertfordshire, Kent Lancashire, Cumbria or North Yorkshire please note that these are pioneer areas and the relevant regulations are contained in the Commons Registration (England) Regulations 2008. You will need a Form C9, which can be obtained from your registration authority by following the links on our Commons Act 2006 page.


Sugary Green, Dartmouth, Devon registered 2011