Support us from £3/month
We deal with almost 1000 cases a year assisting communities, groups and individuals in protecting their local spaces and paths in all parts of England and Wales. Can you help us by joining as a member?
Friends of the Lake District want to make the Lake District and Yorkshire Dales National Parks bigger.
Natural England is asking for your views on the proposed boundary extensions to the Lake District and Yorkshire Dales National Parks now.
Friends of the Lake District, the Campaign for National Parks and their key supporter group, which includes the Open Spaces Society, has produced some background briefing materials to help you better understand some of the issues and learn about the benefits National Park status brings with it.
The proposed extension areas are:
· Birkbeck Fells to Whinfell (area between the A6 and M6, which includes Friends of the Lake District’s land at High Borrowdale);
· Helsington Barrows to Sizergh Fell and Lyth Valley (area between Brigsteer and Levens villages south east of Kendal).
· Middleton, Barbon and Leck Fells (east and north of Kirkby Lonsdale);
· Firbank Fell (west of Sedbergh);
· Northern Howgill Fells;
· Mallerstang and Wild Boar Fell (south of Kirkby Stephen).
· Orton Fells
This is a fantastic once-in-a-lifetime opportunity so please respond before 1 July 2011 by clicking here.