“Brilliant, intriguing and inspiring”
- a member enjoys his visit to the society's website
We deal with well over 700 cases a year assisting communities, groups and individuals in protecting their local spaces and paths in all parts of England and Wales.
Supporting us helps us help them.
The Open Spaces Society is a registered charity and we depend on our members to add weight and voice to our campaigns.
As a member, you will be a part of a dynamic and passionate movement of people determined to protect the open spaces we all love and enjoy.
Why we would like you to join the Open Spaces Society...
We are delighted that you have found us and expressed an interest in joining whether you need help or want to help us and support our work.
Whatever the reason, your membership will be invaluable to us.
Please take a moment to explore the website and learn about the society and its work.
As a small charity, we greatly appreciate the support of our members, and it is impossible for us to function without you!
You can also enjoy these great benefits:
- Support and assistance in matters relating to the protection of common land, town and village greens, open spaces and public paths.
- Free legal-advisory service offers 30 minutes of solicitors’ time at the society’s discretion.
- Three copies a year of our lively and informative magazine Open Space.
- Full access to any of the information sheets available on our publications list.
- Discounts on our publications – Our Common Land is the definitive work on the law of commons and village greens. Getting Greens Registered advises on the law and procedure of registering land as a ‘new’ green. These publications are updated regularly.
Join today for as little as £3 a month.
Do you represent a campaigning group, council or local authority?