The Open Spaces Society has been campaigning to protect rights to common land, village greens and public paths for more than 150 years. It is Britain’s oldest national conservation organisation. We are looking for additional trustees to join our enthusiastic board of seven members.
The role is part-time, averaging about five hours a month. The role will be mostly homebased although attendance in person is expected at our AGM in July. There may be occasional face-to-face meetings (currently fewer than one per year).
The closing date for return of form and CV is 5pm on Monday 15 January 2024. Dates for interviews are to be confirmed.
Candidates must be able to demonstrate:
- Commitment to the society’s mission
- Understanding and acceptance of the legal duties, responsibilities, and liabilities of trusteeship
- Willingness to devote the necessary time and effort
- Strategic vision
- Objective and insightful judgement
- Ability to work effectively as a member of a team
- Adherence to Nolan’s seven principles of public life (selflessness, integrity, objectivity, accountability, openness, honesty, and leadership).
If you wish to apply for the role, please submit your CV and the completed application form to email@example.com before the deadline. If you would prefer to post your application, you can return it to: Open Spaces Society, 25a Bell Street, Henley-on-Thames, RG9 2BA (although email is preferred).
Please complete and submit the form below if you would like further details.