0Rights of Way
In the past year we have responded to almost
for guidance on protection & management
Examples of our key recent successes:
- A recent landmark victory was our challenge to Dorset Council’s decision to deregister part of Leigh Common to allow development.
- Saving a path at Hope-under-Dinsmore from diversion so walkers can continue to enjoy this footpath through beautiful Herefordshire countryside
- Cornish land at Trevellion Moor has been restored to the commons register following research by our local commons re-registration officer.
We have also responded to:
- The Home Office consultation on the criminalisation of trespass in England and Wales.
- Defra's consultation on measuring environmental change – draft indicators framework for the 25 Year Environmental Plan
- Defra's consultation on conservation covenants
- Defra's consultation on biodiversity net gain
- Welsh Government consultation on Sustainable Farming and our land.
We have also:
- Been appointed to serve on three expert groups advising the Welsh Government access reform process
- Worked on revision of National Trust common land policy document
- Continued our work to identify and formally register commons currently omitted from the commons register.
- Run training courses for local authorities on commons and green spaces.