Why we would like you to join the Open Spaces Society
We are delighted that you have found us and expressed an interest in joining whether you need help or want to help us and support our work.
Whatever the reason, your membership will be invaluable to us.
Please take a moment to explore the website and learn about the society and its work.
As a small charity, we greatly appreciate the support of our members, and it is impossible for us to function without you!
Reasons to become a member
- Membership entitles you to any of the information sheets available on our publications list.
- Three copies a year of our lively and informative magazine Open Space.
- Discounts on our publications – Our Common Land is the definitive work on the law of commons and village greens. Getting Greens Registered advises on the law and procedure of registering land as a ‘new’ green. These publications are updated regularly.
- Professional advice and assistance in matters relating to the protection of common land, town and village greens, open spaces and public paths.
- Free legal-advisory service offering 30 minutes of solicitors time free to members of the society.