The society is looking to recruit a Case Officer to provide technical support on rights-of-way matters to staff and volunteers. Main responsibilities include:
- acting as one of the society’s case-workers by dealing with requests for advice and answering queries from members of the society on rights of way in England and Wales, by correspondence, telephone and occasional site visits.
- work with and oversee the local correspondents’ work on rights of way, keeping the guidelines up to date, liaising with them over path issues, encouraging them to take appropriate action to resolve cases and assisting with recruitment.
- acting as a co-ordinator between rights-of-way user groups to facilitate meetings and discussions on issues of common interest, including by preparing and presenting papers.
- assisting in the review and development of the society’s policy on rights of way (for example, in relation to the standards expected of diversion orders), and to codify such policy in appropriate guidance.
- writing material for the society’s magazine Open Space, published three times a year, write press releases and pages for the website, prepare fact sheets and leaflets, respond to consultation papers from government departments and agencies, local authorities and others, assist in the preparation of other society literature including the fifth edition of Rights of Way: a guide to law and practice and prepare papers for the trustees, subcommittees and other society meetings.
- assisting with internal and external training on public paths and to attend and address conferences and workshops.
- serving on external committees and represent the society at external meetings.
To apply for this position please provide your name and email below and we will send you an application form and full job description.