This position is now closed to applications.
The society is looking to appoint a Case Officer with responsibility for Rights of Way matters. The role will be home-based. Minimum 21 hours (flexible). Salary negotiable.
Primary responsibilities will include:
- providing technical support on rights-of-way matters to staff and volunteers.
- acting as one of the society’s case-workers by dealing with requests for advice and answering queries from members of the society on rights of way in England and Wales, by correspondence, telephone and occasional site visits.
- working with and oversee the local correspondents’ work on rights of way, keeping the guidelines up to date, liaising with them over path issues, encouraging them to take appropriate action to resolve cases and assisting with recruitment.
- acting as a co-ordinator between rights-of-way user groups to facilitate meetings and discussions on issues of common interest, including by preparing and presenting papers.
- assisting in the review and development of the society’s policy on rights of way (for example, in relation to the standards expected of diversion orders), and to codify such policy in appropriate guidance.
Candidates must be able to demonstrate:
- good and up-to-date technical and legal knowledge of all aspects of all categories of public rights of way in England and Wales
- excellent spoken and written English
- demonstrable experience of prioritising a busy and demanding workload
- competent use of office software tools (word processing, spreadsheets, presentations)
Please complete and submit the form below if you would like further details.